<bgsound src='http://www.esnips.com/doc/6eb520aa-23dc-45e5-a613-72096df0d36f/ALARULU-KURIYAGA---SpSailaja'></bgsound> Kuchipudi Kalakar: Mamtha Muralidhar Shanbhogue
If you would like your profile to be posted here , please follow the instructions in the Submission Guidelines

The website is purely based on trust and there is no verification of authenticity of the information given to us.

Email us at kuchipudifan@gmail.com

Mamtha Muralidhar Shanbhogue



Artist Name: Mamtha Muralidhar Shanbhogue
Place:
School/Organization:
Website:
Youtube:

Contact:
Email : shanbhoguemamtha8@gmail.com
Phone : +91 93437 63708


Flat No. 204, Esjay Classic, 1st Main,
Chalukya Nagar, Nagarbhavi main road
Bangalore 560 072.

Profile and pictures posted with permission from the artist:

D-for dance D-for divinity that is what dance is for me. My introduction to dance started at age of six. Born and brought up in a metropolitan city like Mumbai distractions were too much. For children especially it was mostly inclination towards Bollywood dance and music. But influenced by my parents penchant for classical art forms I naturally took it from a very young age.

My introduction to classical dance form was Kathak which I learnt from Guru Shri. Rajkumar disciple of the Kathak legend Pandit Birju Maharaj. Being a south Indian my parents and I were keen on my learning Bharatnatyam and luckily I was introduced to Guru Smt. Shalini Sethuram a Bharatnatyam dancer par excellence from Kalakshetra. It is she who made my basics of dance rock solid and I am ever indebted to her. Later on under Guru Vasantha and Guru Subbalaxmi also from Kalakshetra, I had the privilege of performing my Arangetram at the age of 16 as well as take up the Karnataka Board examinations for dance till Vidwat. Alongside I had completed certificate course in Carnatic music too


Had a sabbatical from dance on account of post graduation, work and marriage but the fire deep inside the heart to learn dance did not die. At this juncture I came across Nartana Academy of Performing Arts and Guru Smt. Sudha Sridhar. Meeting her was God‘s will, I suppose. She changed my perception towards dance completely. I being a Bharatnatyam dancer was a bit apprehensive as to the ability to learn Kuchipudi a fast paced classical form. Smt. Sudha Sridhar who is not only a great teacher but a very good human being instilled confidence and I appreciate her patience, perseverance and her ability to bring out the best in her students and mould them as performers and academicians. Under her tutelage I had the opportunity to perform at various festivals in various plances. I had the opportunity to attend dance and music workshops organised by the Academy which were very useful in learning the minute concepts & dimension of Kuchipudi dance.

My performances as a Kuchipudi artist includes;

  1. At the Ganesh Temple, Canara Bank Colony, Bangalore.
  2. Akila Karnataka Kuchipudi Nrityotsava (AKKN)
  3. Hampi Festival
  4. Gangubai Festival, Dharwad
  5. Rani Abbaka Festival, Mangalore
  6. Dassara Festival, Mysore
  7. Kalpasri Nataraja Utsav, Bangalore
  8. Bala Tirupurasundari Festival, Bangalore
  9. Ravindra Kalashektra, Bangalore
  10. Venkateswara Temple, Bangalore
  11. Independence Day Kannada Culture, Bangalore
  12. Padmavathi Brahmotsava,  Tirupathi
  13. Golden Temple, Sripuram, Vellore
  14. Durgaprameshwari Temple, Bangalore.
  15. BHEL Township – Karnataka Rajyotsav 2016
Youtube links: 
https://youtu.be/TxohrtL2yN8
https://youtu.be/Xj1J59tZ5po

Dance is devotion to me. It is a part of my life. When I dance I am in oneness with the almighty. Dance has taught me to be disciplined, punctual and tolerant to be devoid of ignorance. I try to implement these values in my daily life too and teach the same to my daughter Nidhi Muralidhar who is also learning and performing Kuchipudi from the Academy along with me.

Dance is Divine and hope to keep dancing till the end.