<bgsound src='http://www.esnips.com/doc/6eb520aa-23dc-45e5-a613-72096df0d36f/ALARULU-KURIYAGA---SpSailaja'></bgsound> Kuchipudi Kalakar: Sunanda Prashanth
If you would like your profile to be posted here , please follow the instructions in the Submission Guidelines

The website is purely based on trust and there is no verification of authenticity of the information given to us.

Email us at kuchipudifan@gmail.com

Sunanda Prashanth

Artist Name: Sunanda Prashanth
Place: Bangalore
School/Organization:
Website:
Youtube: Channel ; Videos

Contact:
Email : sunanda.kolluri@gmail.com
Phone : 91 99002 11168


1195, Brig Gokhale Road, BEML Layout,
3rd Stage, Rajarajeshwari nagar,
Bangaloe 560 098


Profile and pictures posted with permission from the artist:



Dance is the hidden language of the soul ! -Martha Graham



I truly believe in this wonderful Quote by Martha Graham. Dance is beyond physical exercise or a hobby. Dance is a culmination of body, mind and soul. One can express different emotions of happiness, love, peace, surprise, laughter, etc through dance. Dance gives me an opportunity to connect with likeminded people, preserve and promote the traditional dance forms for the generations to come.

Gurur Brahmaa Gurur Vishnu Gurur devo Maheswarah|
Gurur Saakshaath parabrahma Tasmai sri gurave namah||

Guru has been a very important aspect in my life, who has moulded me into what I am today and has guided me in the path towards perfection.

At the age of 6, I was introduced to Kuchipudi dance by my grandfather Shri Pasumarthy Krishnamurthy, who carefully watched and perfected every step of mine. This very foundation has stood strong and gave me a platform to explore and experience the dance form to its fullest degree.

During the course of my learning, several Gurus were involved in teaching me different aspects of Dance and their importance.


Guru Dr. Pasumarthy Vithal & Bharathi – Guru Vithal taught me the fundamentals of dance and under his guidance, I gave my first stage performance Arangetram which was the first fruit of Guru Shishya Parampara.

Guru Dr. Uma Rama Rao – Guru Uma Rama Rao taught me the professionalism it takes to blossom into a perfect performer to a vivid audience.  I learnt and improvised Abhinayam under the guidance of Guru Uma Rama Rao which plays a pivotal role in any performance. I had the opportunity to be part of Lasya Priya productions and got exposure to perform at various stages and very much cherish my association with Uma Aunty who showered her love and affection apart from being my Guru.

Guru Sudha Sridhar – Guru Sudha Sridhar of Nartana Academy of Performing Arts, Bangalore taught me different traditional & Vempati Chinna Satyam’s compositions and integration of Kuchipudi with other traditional dance forms through thematic presentations. She has motivated and guided me to acquire academically  qualified and has continues to provide several opportunities to prove myself as a professional dancer at various prestigious platforms. She is guiding and mentoring me in various aspects and skills related to nuances of the dance form and pursuing the art form as an academician, professional, teacher.

   
With the mentoring on all aspects related to Kuchipudi dance form from my Gurus, unstinted support of my family, blessings of Lord Nataraja and Siddhendra Yogi

I had the opportunity of performing at various prestigious platforms some of which include:

·   Arangetram: Ravindra Bharathi, Hyderabad
·   Ananya Dance Festival organised by Delhi Tourism, Purana Quila, New Delhi
·   Music College at Vijayawada
·   Siddhendra Yogi Dance Festival, Kuchipudi
·   World Telugu Conference, Tirupati 
·   Rajarajeshwari temple, Nellore
·   Naada Neerajanam in Tirumala
·   Koti Deepotsavam event conducted by Bhakti TV, Hyderabad
·   Mysore Dussehra Festival, Mysore
·   Shilparamam Craftsmela, Hyderabad promoted by Andhra Pradesh Tourism
·   Cuttack International Dance and Music Festival 2015
·   Rani Abakka Dance Festival, Mangalore
·   Damar Dance festival 2015, Bangalore
·   Kuchipudi Natya Kalavaibhavam, Nellore
·   Shrishti Vishwa Nrithya Utsav 2015, Bangalore
·   Nataraja Utsav, Bangalore
·   Kuchipudi workshop held by Kannada Culture Board at IGNCA, Bangalore.
·   Bala Tripurasundari Kuchipudi Nruthyotsava
·   Nella Nella Vennella, Guntur 
·   Ghati Subrahmanya Temple Brahmotsava, Doddaballapur
·   Kalpashree Srivari Natyanjali promoted by AP Tourism, Tirupati
·   Lepakshi Kala Utsav at Anatapur, Andhra Pradesh
·   Natya Manjeera, Guntur
·   Aurobindo Ashram, Pondicherry
·   Vasantotsava at Janapada Loka, Channapatna
·   Gubbi Veeranna Ranga Mandira, Tumkur 
·   Guru Purinma celebrations at Ayur ashram, Bangalore
·   ICCR program at Chennai
·   Shridi Sai Temple at Ongole
·   Sripuram Golden Temple, Vellore, 2015 & 2016
·   Ganesha Temple, Nagarbhavi, Bangalore
·   Sai Nriyotsava Bangalore
·   Ragigudda Temple, Bangalore
·   Kadambari Festival Bangalore
·   Kannada Rajyotsava celebrations at BHEL Township, Bangalore

I had essayed different roles in various dance dramas / ballets like Srinivasa Kalayanam, Lakshmi Udbhavam, Vyuha Lakshmi, Palliki seva prabhandam, etc.

I have honour of being conferred with the ‘National Nritya Shiromani’, ‘Nritya Upasak’, ‘Yuva Kala Ratna’ awards and ‘Nartana Vidyamani; title.

Being born in one of the traditional family of Kuchipudi and following the footsteps of my illustrious grandfather Pasumarthy Krishnamurthy, with overwhelming  support of my family established an institute, ‘Spandana’ Kuchipudi Dance Academy, Bangalore for continuing the Kuchipudi parampara to impart training to the younger generation.

With keen interest as a dance professional, I aspire to preserve, promote, pursue and impart the tradition of this classical dance form at National and International levels.